Creating An Energy Cooperative
Culatra’s energy cooperative is founded in the scope of Culatra2030 Initiative, for the sustainable development of Culatra. This project covers all the socioeconomic activities on the island. The main objective of this project aims to preserve Culatra’s identity as a consolidated fishing settlement.
Culatra2030 team, including Associação de Moradores da Ilha da Culatra (AMIC), University of Algarve, Make it Better association, Comissão de Coordenação e Desenvolvimento Regional do Algarve (CCDR)
Become a 100% energy independent island and preserve Culatra’s identity as a consolidated fishing settlement.
- Collective Auto-consumption Management Entity.
- Manage all the PV generation units.
- Share the renewable energy with the community.
- Pilot-project to test new energy sharing models.
- Ready to use with no maintenance costs.
- Powered by Culatra’s green energy.
- Investment paid out in 2.5 years.
- 7.5 years of profit.
- Contribute to a 100% auto-sustainable Culatra.